Monday, December 14, 2015

Trees, Tinsel and Treasures!

If you haven't had a chance this Holiday season to swing into Not So Shabby- I highly recommend that you do! I was just there this morning dropping off a car load of newly handcrafted crafty Christmas items and in the same load, very old primitives! 
I am finally parting with my antique sled. I haven't used it in my outdoor display these past few years and it's been collecting dust in my attic but it would be an adorable addition on your front porch this holiday and throughout the winter season. (Don't know why I neglected to take a pic of it this morning when I was snapping these)!

 Ken cut only 5 of these NOEL signs that we have sold in previous years. This will be the only batch this year, but he will be cutting lots of "LOVE" ones in time for Valentine's Day. Don't miss out on the only three that are left. (one grey washed and the other two, a dark walnut brown stain).



This pallet tree would be cute strung with Edison style light bulbs. Almost wish I had kept this baby home and used it instead of the real pine Charlie Brown one we selected a few weeks ago. I was so proud of myself for not 'fussing' this year, but now it just makes me crabby to look at it. :)
I brought in this new worn and weathered retro cabinet sans doors this morning (for those of you who didn't take four years of French, 'sans' means without). :)
 I thought this made a cute side table if you staged it with a metal crate (like below) or even a dark wicker basket that filled the space. 

Ken cut down some pallet skids the other night and these were the blocks that held the pallet boards together. I've trained him over the years not to throw away any scrap wood. One of you will think of something fun to do with these. Mod podge pics on them? Paint them to look like baby blocks? Stencil letters to say "Happy New Year"-hey wait...why didn't I think of that? Back I go to take these home again! :)
 Festive yarn garland and a rustic wooden stand. Would look great with Christmas cards strung across this! (Garland sold separately).

 I took an old Ikea frame (below) that I had dropped once and the glass broke...Ken cut barnwood for me and I stenciled a saying with my ink block stamps. 
Having fun (like the rest of Michigan is), with all things mitten related!
 Just some embroidery rings I had laying around that I worked on during a "Pinterest' day with my Mom! These are making unique gift tags to hang on gift bags or tie around presents. 
(Brecken enjoying (?) some quality time with Ken and I at an ugly Christmas sweater party)!

And I'll sign off now, to get some Christmas cards addressed. How's your sanity this year? You Champs doing ok? 

We like to quote this saying around the Boeve household---"slow and steady wins the race". 
We hares need to be reminded of that from time to time. Hope your holiday season is shaping up to be Merry and  Bright. 
Meet you back here soon with some wallpaper patterns I've been wanting to show you. 

C-






0 comments:

Post a Comment