Monday, December 7, 2015

Christmas Dessert Night 2015



It's that time of year again when sissy and I get to co-host a table for our church's annual Christmas dessert night for women. The table competition (er, I mean table decorations) seem to get better and better every year.

 My former, perfectionist self a few years back may or may not have viewed this night as a competition, but my new melancholy, 'not-gonna-stress-up-my- holidays' self, fully embraced simplicity this year and even set the table with paper products and plastic cups-(gasp)!!

It's as if I've had the soundtrack from the movie clip Frozen running through my head this year-"Let it go, let it go, can't hold it back anymore. Let it go, let it go, Turn away and slam the door. I don't care, what they're going to say, let the storm rage on. The cold never bothered me anyway"!

Well, actually, the cold really bothers me, but this year, I can truly say, " I don't care what they're going to say".....guys, this is what my tree looks like this year....
And the presents under the tree aren't even color coordinated or wrapped with twine! (Double gasp)! Kennedy asked me the other night, upon further review of the mismatched gifts under the topiary, "Who are you, and what have you done with my Mom"???

I'm feeling peaceful (maybe even a little sad this season...there seems to be so much hurt and struggle in this world, and I tend to internalize most of it), 

I think Ann Voskamp's advent book is helping and I am proud of the small steps I'm taking to slow the pace and savor the little quiet moments this season. 
 Nevermind the fact that I did have a brief meltdown this morning when I discovered that I misplaced several bags of purchased Christmas gifts that I hid and I hid so well that I can't find them!! (Again, I said small steps). :) ARrrrgggghhhhhh!!

Back to the table judging: :)
See-plastic cups!!



Here are the other beautiful tables: all with their own unique festive flair!




























Fun night with a fantastic message.Let me know if you'd like to go next year, and I'll make sure you get a ticket. 

I stopped by my booth at Not So Shabby on Friday and snapped some pics of some new items-some Christmas-y, some not, but check it out sometime soon. Like Big Lots tagline says, "When it's gone, it's gone"! :)

 This one's gone already! 











Now, back to playing Christmas present hide and seek. (insert eye rolling emoji). Wish me luck.

 See you back here soon. 

 C-


0 comments:

Post a Comment