Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Best things in life....

I know I've shared with you here and in person that I struggle at times with the materialistic aspect of my job. That sometimes when I'm in my deeply spiritual, analytical phase, my daily career choice can feel a bit worldly...but then I glance back at pictures of projects in which I've been a part, and remember the people and the relationships built surrounding those projects, and all becomes right in my world again. 

Like this morning, when I got to meet a new friend/client for a meeting (aka-coffee) regarding her farmhouse remodel, or this afternoon, when I get to meet a brand new client and hear a bit of her life story while we discuss kitchen updates. 

Or take for instance, this project below in which I'm posting all these after shots...but only she and I know the journey that she had to take and the many 'before' meetings where she not only opened up her home to me, she opened up her heart. 

Hers is her story to tell, but I will reveal that in sharing her story with me, she's made me a better person-inspiring me to never take life for granted, challenging me to love my family more, encouraging me to embrace the fun-loving times, but also to learn and grow through the difficult ones. 

We've worked together on her home improvement projects for years together, and I'm sure she had no clue that while, she thought I was the one offering her improvement ideas, she was the one modeling the most important, life changing ones to me. 

Every time I stepped inside those doors, it felt like we were somehow 'doing life together', not just discussing 'things'. This is what keeps me coming back for more. 

Like King Solomon talks about in Ecclesiastes, "there is nothing new under the sun", and sometimes I feel like that when it comes to home decor. I've seen lots of trends come and go over the years, but the one thing that remains true and pure and fresh each time is YOU, and your stories. 
Thanks for letting me into your homes....and into your hearts. 
You've earned a place in mine and I'm forever grateful. 
Karen, here's to you my friend. 
There are no more rooms in your house to improve upon....I guess it's time to move to so we can start all over again. :)
Love you girl. Thank you for your encouragement and support of my business over the years. I've loved getting to know you and your story.









 





 Amen sister.










0 comments:

Post a Comment