Monday, November 23, 2015

OK with a little Oak

 Happy Monday! I've been so eager to show you guys pictures of Doug and Linda's house! We've been working together for a couple of years now. I first met Linda when she was referred to me by a family member several years ago, and our first collaborative project was a long distance remodel of a condo they had purchased and wanted to update. She took pics of the place and we sat down and picked out colors, lighting, and furniture along the way. 

Next up...their beautiful executive style story and a half that had such great potential but just a tad too much oak for our liking. 
Our original plan was to have all the existing oak painted, but after the project kept snowballing in other ways and areas, we scaled back and decided to tackle it in select areas that would minimize just how much there was. 
So bummed I don't think I took pics of this room before. The wall color was a khaki-tan that had some peach/pink undertones. We switched that up to a taupe color that was still warm against the oak, but a much fresher look with the new contemporary furniture that we picked. 
Most pieces came from UBU in Grandville, a fave of mine for urban looks.
I shouldn't even admit this, but I found the lamps (brand new) at Goodwill. Target will donate or sell some of their clearanced but new items to Goodwill and we snagged the pair of lamps for $80!

 We picked up a geometric print to cover the barrel style chairs and paired it with an over-sized houndstooth ottoman. We loved the idea of a timeless looking dark leather sectional. 
This entry way used to have a tall armoire style piece that we simply moved around the corner to an area we needed the height. Here we achieved a fresher look by replacing lots of earthy, dark artwork with lighter, brushed nickel gallery frames.

 Flipped out their old brass latern entry light to this oval linen shaded pendant.

BEFORE of the oak built ins
 AFTER my boy Jon Sterk got ahold of 'em:

New stone put on the three sided fireplace. (above)
In a previous post, I think I showed you some of these before of the master bath transformation, but I found a few more angles of this space.
 BEFORE:
 
AFTER:
BEFORE:


 AFTER:

 
BEFORE:

AFTER:
The lighting is horrible below and makes the walls and tile surround look pink in pic below, but they're actually a soft taupe. We used a resilient groutless  luxury vinyl product for the flooring.
Couldn't find any before shots of the master, but here is the after. 


Still working on some finishing touches in the other rooms. To be continued -kitchen and dining post.

Hope you have a wonderful day of giving thanks this Thursday. I'm so thankful for my health, my family, friends, and to be able to use the gifts that God's given me to journey through life with so many of you. Happy Thanksgiving!

























0 comments:

Post a Comment