Sunday, July 7, 2013

Scrapbook Sunday

Last time I posted, I told ya I'd meet ya back here right away, but an amazing holiday weekend of sun, family, friends and fun took precedence. 

We started out bright and early on the fourth to hit the annual "Burley Park" swap meet and flea market in Howard City (about an hour north of us). 
Ken was so excited to be able to use his (new-to-us, but old-and-grungy-garage-sale- purchased- burley) for all the treasures we were hoping to find.  You can see in the pic below he was trying to make a mad dash away from me so that I couldn't document the moment with my camera. 
Gotcha anyway! :) 

He gets plenty of hazing from me about his need to be uber-organized but I must admit his foresight came in handy after finding a handful of awkwardly sized 'smalls'  for my booth.
We were concentrating on finding accessories and one of a kind vintage items but it was slim pickin's that morning-at least for what I was looking for. 
The morning wasn't without it's usual sights, sounds and smells though. He's a quick sampling of what we spotted that day:













I'm embarrassed to admit, we thought these "Caveman Roasters" that were for sale were hilarious and can't wait to reveal them in a few weeks on our annual camping trip up north with my sisters. (so sorry if my immaturity offends you). :)
After a few hours of hitting the dusty paths at Burley Park and witnessing "Americana" at it's best (and worst), we were ready to relax pool side with my parents, Ken's folks, the girls and my sister, Holly.

The night of the 4th, we watched some pretty cool fireworks displays on Lake Michigan with my sis Lauri and her family:


The next day, we woke up early and drove up to meet my other sister, Cherie and her family who were renting a cottage on Glen Lake. 
Did a little tubing, paddle boarding, shopping, eating and lounging. 





 Saturday morning, we were awed by Sleeping Bear Dunes and had fun snapping some pics and walking the trails. 
That same afternoon, we drove 1/2 east to Traverse City to take part in the Cherry Festival that was wrapping up that day. Sooo fun!



Capped the weekend off by picnicking, paddle-boarding and watching the sunset at our favorite summer place of all time...Pentwater. 
Brecken on the S.U.P. on Lake MI.
Hoping you had a restful, relaxing, reinvigorating holiday weekend as well.  I am looking forward to a week of meeting with clients and re-purposing some of the junk piles in my garage. I'll be back here soon to share the transformations.  Happy July!

0 comments:

Post a Comment