Friday, September 28, 2012

A "Pinteresting week" -Take 2

I promised you another "Pinterest" worthy post and here it is-in honor of my friends Karen and Tim.  True love story and one that makes me smile just thinking about it. They planned a beautiful "wedding celebration weekend" at a stunning beach house on Lake Michigan. They were married Friday, celebrated with family on Saturday and toasted with friends on Sunday. The setting, food, company, decorations and the couple were as close to perfect as you could get. 
Here's the walk through:
Upon arriving, you were instructed to 'sign the S'.  She had previously asked Ken and I to cut one for her after seeing the idea online, but I actually found one at my friend Randy's store and it was reasonably priced so she purchased it there. The only thing I can take credit for is the "Sale Family" sign.

Take note of the family portrait from Friday night's ceremony. The wedding attire coordinated with the interior of the Lake House. No trick was missed.

Taking a few steps forward toward the kitchen, you were asked to grab a glass mug (which had a "T and K" decal) and you could fill it with your drink of choice.  There were cardstock tags attached on which to write your name. These became functional wedding favors and fit in perfectly with the coral and teal blue color scheme.


Quick pit stop to use the restroom. Had to snap a photo. Do I have no shame? Sorry it's blurry but loved the hanging side pendant lights.
Everything was labled and every nook and cranny carried out the beach- themed vibe.

Check this one out. Veggie cups displayed on a window shutter. Of course I loved that!



This table was breathtaking. Burlap, glass, candles, creamy whites, soft blues, mason jars, starfish...."These are a few of my favorite things"!

Check out this table of  "Sweet Eats".  I may or may not have polished off that bowl of double dipped chocolate covered peanuts by afternoon's end.



Picture- Perfect Pinterest Picture (sans the stranger's elbow)
Only I would be wondering if the cottage's furnishings were for sale. The whole house was for sale but I didn't have that much cash with me that day to buy the whole thing. (WINK).
I think I drooled a little bit when I saw this pair.
I think I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw this view.
"Do not covet. Do not covet. Do not covet." I whispered silently to myself as I walked from room to room.
One might even be motivated to cook in a kitchen like this one?
Glance up in the top photo. Burlap decoupaged plates. I will be copying that ideas someday. Love it!
The food was as yummy as it looked.

Karen...I'm so glad that you're a "Changing Room Chump".That we have gotten to know one another these past few years and that you have found LOVE again.
Best wishes for a lifetime of health, love and happiness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment