Monday, June 7, 2010

Bedroom Makeover A Success!




Okay, so here is the "before" picture of Kennedy's bedroom before the new paint color went on. She had an antique 3/4 size bed and asked for a twin bed because she felt her bed took up her whole room, (which it kinda did).
Her snow globe collection about to be packed up in boxes, thank goodness!




These next few shots aren't the greatest angles because her room isn't huge, but I hope you can get the picture. 


Kennedy and I did pick the comforter out together, but she had no idea about the rest.  She was truly surprised when she walked in.  The room does feel much bigger, and she really liked how it turned out.  Made the last three nights we were up until 2:00 A.M. worth it!!

My husband built the day bed for her.  Truly a labor of love because when we put it in the room we realized the mattress was a bit too small for the bed, and he needs to take it apart and scale it down. My fault. He asked me to get the mattress first, but I just told him to measure a standard twin. Oops. 








2 comments:

Andrea Dekker said...

Looks Great!!! I'm not sure I would be daring enough to do bright green, but of course, you pulled it off!

Hey, are you looking to get rid of your 3/4 antique bed??

The Changing Room said...

Possibly looking to sell the bed. I just love it so much and I don't know if she'll want a full again. I've got it in storage, but I'll call ya-gotta think it through first. Thanks Andrea!

Post a Comment