Thursday, September 8, 2016

Transitions and Treasures

Hi Guys,
I had this blog drafted and all ready to go a few weeks ago and forgot to publish. So here it is, setting the stage for the latest post. 
READ THIS ONE FIRST-THEN GO TO THE ONE BELOW. :0
It's already been one of those days! Ha!

 It's been so long since I've posted here. I was doing incredibly well all summer keeping busy with work and play but the week is finally here in which I am coming to terms with the fact that our 'family years' are over as we knew them.

We are flying with Kennedy out to California tomorrow to get her settled into college at Azusa Pacific University near LA. She is so excited for this next stage of her life that it makes me excited for her, but that's not to say that these past two weeks have been without any tears.

 You Moms who have been there before me, know exactly what I am feeling and you precious Moms with little ones get it too-as I have felt true empathy from you as well.

My bestie, DC came over this morning with a new book for me to read on the trip and a glass jar marked "tear jar" that I must've given her when her oldest girl left for school two years ago. I barely remember doing that, but what I do remember is how much I admired and looked up to how DC made the transition from Mom to supportive friend without much fanfare or without filling the tear jar full. :) 

I am praying expectantly that I will be able to  manage a hug and a good-bye without stealing Kennedy's joy and faith-filled excitement as she begins this next adventure. 


We were able to take one last memory making family trip-just the four of us last weekend to Six Flags Great America which was just the quality time I needed to wrap my head around this transition. 
 Please pray for Brecken as she will be here with us for two more years without her confidant and best friend and will have to put up with all my shenanigans and drama on her own. 

The three amigos waiting in line for the 10th roller coaster ride of the morning-the only one my nauseous stomach made me sit out for.
 After a fun-filled day and night at the amusement park, my girls were good sports and willingly went along for a walk down memory lane at my Alma mater-Carthage College in Kenosha, Wisconsin which was too close to the park not to stop by and relive my 'glory days'. :)

My very first dorm room Freshman year was unlocked and open and this is the same mirror where I teased my 80's hair and tucked it in a banana clip every morning. (Arrrrgggh, remember those)??
 Here's my sorority floor-I had to recreate a pic I have of my friend Joelle and I doing this. I have to admit this wasn't quite as easy in my 40s as it was in my 20's. I needed Brecken to help hoist me up there!! :)
 I had to take Ken and the girls to Ron's Place-a favorite bar/restaurant where we spent plenty of Tuesday and Friday nights over the years. The girls were less than impressed with the few scattered memories of my years at Carthage but they seemed to be having fun regardless. 
 Munchies and Virgin Pina Calodas at Ron's. Times have changed (and I'm thankful for that). :)
 Thanks for putting up with my flashback photos, and now for some pics of some treasures at Not So Shabby. I did a walk through last week and snapped some pics of the pieces that caught my eye. Head in there sometime to see some new items and booths!








 New rustic clock in my booth and lots of great new pillows. 
 I brought this desk/vanity in just last week. The mirror needs to attached with brackets on the back but it is in great condition and neutral enough for any space. 




 This is a brand new booth and vendor. I loved everything about it. Seriously puts my booth to shame and makes me want to step up my game but I just seem to run out of time whenever I am thinking of a complete makeover. Check this out sometime. It's in the very back row. Just beautiful!









Until I return... Hope things are well with you Champs. Thanks for journeying through life with me and making me feel less alone in these transitions. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment