Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Back From Vacay!

Hey Champs-Hope you're all well,
I was hoping I'd feel refreshed after a week of hiking in the great outdoors, but instead, I returned to the mitten with a head cold and lethargy! 

Ken and I headed out west to Sedona, Arizona last week to celebrate a belated 50th birthday for him. We had such a great time sight-seeing, hiking, biking and relaxing. 
Here are few sights we saw, and selfies we took. :)
Bell Rock:
 


 Birthday Boy!
 This was my absolute fave: Slide Rock State Park in Sedona.

 We also hit Tucson, Glendale, Scottsdale and Flagstaff. Whirlwind of a week but so much fun. We booked our hotels through Hotwire and Priceline and were able to find reasonably priced 4 star hotels. This interior was recently renovated, and while I've had a recent aversion to purple after over-obsessing about the color in my teens, I really loved the light lilac paint color and textured wallpaper in this room. It was beautifully done!








 One day for lunch in Tucson, we stopped at a restaurant called "The Hub". I loved the urban feel and rustic, yet bohemian decor. I had to show you the lamps hanging upside down for lighting above the table we sat in toward the back.
 The exterior was just as dreamy and I asked Ken already to make me some flower boxes like these for our deck this summer. And he already said no. Boo. :(
Downtown Tucson
 We accidentally climbed a double diamond trail on Camelback Mountain in Scottsdale. Ken wanted to turn back halfway up, but I wouldn't have it. :)
We could hardly walk later that night, but we did make it to the top and it was (literally) breathtaking!

 We hiked some more, we biked some more and loved being able to enjoy seeing another amazing piece of God's beautiful creation.

Thanks for putting up with my vacation slideshow. :)
And please come visit me tomorrow night at Not So Shabby for our annual "Deal with the Dealers" night from 4-7 (I'll be there from 4-6:00).
It's really the only time of year to wheel and deal there. Hope to see you!



Custom Sign that went out last week:

0 comments:

Post a Comment