Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Let there be light

I'm officially "over" winter! I'm literally bundled up in my knee length winter parka sitting in a cold metal chair in my front room/office.  These cinder block walls are frigid in this 100 year old bungalow but I am braving these harsh temps to meet with you Champs here and heat things up with talk of interior lighting. 

So many times clients are looking for inexpensive ways to breathe new life into a space and I usually turn to lighting fixtures as a way to do it. 

Here are some great design styles that work with a wide range of decors. I've been obsessed with pendant drum shade lights for several years already and am still not sick of the look. 
They add lots of character to a room and can push the style quotient further in a design direction (for example, making a traditional kitchen look a little more fresh or urban). 
I always tell clients that cute lighting fixtures are like adding cute earrings to complete an outfit. 

Check out the lighting choices below that can all be found at Joss & Main online. Great site for design inspiration and various accessory or furniture collections.

Take note of the table lamps below as well. Drum shades are still all the rage here, but paired with very simple, chunky bulb -like bases (which is another great way to bring color into a room). Or keep it subtle and classic with a mercury glass or clear glass base. Prices vary. 

I find most of my table lamps at Hobby Lobby. Wait 'til they're half off. They look like  exactly like the high end  ones that furniture stores carry. Trust me on this. 

You'll notice that I'm mixed in dining pendant lights, mini-pendants and table lamps. 
Happy browsing:
Radcliffe PendantWoven Pendant
Clark Pendant in Oil Rubbed BronzeClark Pendant in Brushed Steel
Bourges PendantCrestview Table LampConstance Table LampIron Lace 6-Light Chandelier

Barista PendantRazo Mini PendantFrontier Mini PendantDexter Table Lamp
Frontier PendantEllis Table LampDewdrop Metallic Table LampSpike Table LampAstoria 29" PendantSolaris 3-Light Pendant in BronzeTobin Mini Pendant in ClearMalibu Table LampRox Table LampMarrakech Table LampBardot Table LampJarrow Pendant

0 comments:

Post a Comment