Wednesday, January 1, 2014

HApPy nEw yEaR!


Happy New Year!!
It's 2014 and like many of you- I am wondering where all of the moments of 2013 have gone.  The older I get, the faster the hands on the clock keep spinning.  
And also like many of you, I resolve at the start of the brand new year to slow my life down and to try to really be present this year. Will you hold me accountable to that?

My teenage daughters' friends on Instagram have been posting 'year in review' videos (Flip-a-grams).  I'm not that tech-savvy but I did grab a few snapshots of 2013 that inspire me to live more in the moment and treasure my clients, friends and family. 

Kennedy's theater productions and the support of Aunts, Uncles and cousins and Grandparents.

 My  Thursday morning Bible Study Chix and the service projects we've been blessed to be a part of.       Habitat Build 2013
 My patient and unconditionally loving husband--(family train trip to Chicago)
 My ever-evolving teenage daughters. I don't deserve the happiness they bring me. Always thankful for God's grace.
 Brecken's sporting events.-Cross Country fall of 2013
Cityside Basketball team

 High school rites of passage-Kennedy-homecoming 2013
 My nieces, nephews and extended family-Annual March Birthday Get-a-way.

 Girl fun with  Boeve Cousins-Christmas 2013
Time with Grandpa and Grandma Boeve-Christmas 2013
 And lastly, precious moments I've spent with my Mother in Law witnessing her strength, fight and determination in her battle with breast cancer this past year.
Would you join me in praying for her (Marge Boeve) this week? She has her mastectomy surgery this Tuesday, Jan. 7. We are cautiously optimistic that 2014 will be a year of hope and healing. 
May 2014 be a year of 'being there'. 
For yourselves and for your loved ones. 
Must be present to win. 
So, so true.
A happy, holy, healthy new year to all of you!

-Christy




0 comments:

Post a Comment