Sunday, November 24, 2013

Window Shopping in The Windy City

 We had so much fun in Chicago two weeks ago when the girls had a long weekend off from school.  We took the Amtrack from Holland right downtown to Union Station and stayed overnight at the Intercontinental Hotel.  As you can tell from the pic, the weather was less than desirable, but we made the most of it and got some real shopping and window shopping in.

I've been asked to speak to the Zeeland High Marketing class in December regarding window displays and merchandising and so I snapped a few photos of some eye catching displays while we were down there. 








 So inspiring. The creativity and the unique backdrops.  It made me actually miss the days when I styled out the vacant storefront window that now houses the restaurant "Public" downtown Zeeland.  Fun project, but very glad we no longer have vacancy issues and our storefront windows are nearly full! Feel the Zeel!

While in Chicago, Ken took us to Haworth's (his day job-no he's not my assistant full time:)! showroom located in the famous "Merchandise Mart".  He has been attending the Neocon office furniture trade show these past couple years in June and was excited to show the girls and I where he spends his time that week. 
I was drooling over all the high end interior selections (tile, plumbing, flooring, furniture). 
This small town designer was in over her head with sticker shock but it was still fun to dream.

Kennedy and Breck posing in Haworth's Tulip chairs. 
They're not kidding calling it the Windy City! 

And the bonus to end our trip was discovering my nephews, Alex and Chase sitting in Union Station heading back to Holland on the same train (Chase only, Alex was heading back to Wheaton where he goes to school) ! We had no idea! Such a fun way to wrap up a long weekend. 
I've got a big day in the garage tomorrow cranking out custom orders. You guys are keeping me busy. I love it. Hope you get your work done too this week so you can enjoy some family time on Thanksgiving. See you back here before then I hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment