Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I had a dream...

That money talks
I'll not deny
I heard it once:
It said "Goodbye."
My husband and I once had a dream of owning a cottage someday. It would be in a quaint small town, not neccessarily on the water, but near it.  The town would be filled with amazing, creative people, and most everything we needed for a relaxing summer and life would be within walking distance.  We would feel refreshed and rejuvinated being there, and would spend time sitting on our porch, sipping cappucinos and chatting with our interesting, friendly neighbors. Our kids would be able to bike where they wanted, and on weekend mornings, we would walk for pastries and buy produce at a local farmer's market. We would be able to invite friends to this place, and grill out and and catch up on life. When we were there, we would breathe a little easier and laugh a little louder.  This was our dream...

And it dawned on me just this summer, that we are already living it.  It's not a cottage, but it's our home that we bought three years ago downtown Zeeland.  All of the things I've always wanted in a cottage, I already have right here with me, every day. 
I get to enjoy cottage style living every day, without the monthly mortgage and upkeep of owning another home.
But, in another life, if I ever won the lottery, here are a few cottage homes that I might choose.
A girl can dream, can't she?





  Enjoy this virtual parade of cottage style homes, taken in our favorite vacation spot, Pentwater, Mi... 















In reality, this is my cottage...

And I wouldn't change a thing!


"Command those who are rich in this present world, not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment."
1 Timothy 6:17
Pentwater "Cottage" Memories 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment