Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ahhh, summer!


We had some friends over for a backyard barbeque last week and it was good motivation for me to spruce up my deck area with some accessories.  I haven't been working on outside projects yet this summer, and still haven't planted all my flowers as you can see, but it was a beautiful summer night and we had fun chillin' my the pool and catching up on life.


This old rug isn't really meant for outdoors, but a neighbor gave it to me several years ago and it's weathered three summers on the deck uncovered.



Sooo, for my birthday this year, (July) I've hinted that I wanted an outdoor pergola built for over this deck area.  Ken built this deck the first summer we moved in after we put the slider in.  There was never access to the back yard from our house except through the garage. Since we are definitely backyard bums, we knew we couldn't live with that arrangement.  I think a pergola would define the deck area nicely and jazz up the space a ton. It would come out from on top of the slider trim and connect with pillers to the outside corners of the deck.  Pleeeease honey???


This table top was a happy accident. The girls and I were lying by the pool one day, when "crash!!"  Ken was trying to put the umbrella through the hole in the glass top and the whole table shattered....so, instead of running out to buy another table, he spent a couple of hours in the garage and built a new one.  I actually like this look better. I just finished staining and sealing it today and will post pics of the finished product. So happy to be married to a do-it-your-self-er!

0 comments:

Post a Comment