Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Odds and Ends


This table I found a few weekends ago at an Antique Store in Saugatuck. I fell in love with the 'lines' of it-aren't the legs cool?  I almost didn't dare ask the price of it because everything in that place was pricey.  The guy told me that he bought these from the Harry Carry's restaurant in Chicago.  I ended up getting a pretty good deal on it, and might be able to get my hands on more.  If you're interested in buying one, let me know.  I painted this one black, but I could do any color. They're too beat up to leave as is. It would make a great desk for a home office.



From this shot it looks like the wings of the table tilt down. They really don't.  I could drop those side leaves down permanantly if someone needs it smaller.












This is the desk I'm currently using in my living room as a work space. I have two parson's chairs that face each other usually so both girls can be using laptops. We do have a small home office in the front of the house, but I find that everyone wants to be near the action in the kitchen.  I found this table at an antique shop in Holland. All I had to do was stain the top.



These plain white kitchen canisters I found at a second hand store.  I bought the set with the intention of selling them, but I like how they look on my shelves.  I painted the words on with a paint marker.  They are all for looks. I use my sugar and flour too much to be reaching up that often and worrying about breaking the ceramic.  Form before function I guess!

0 comments:

Post a Comment