Saturday, February 20, 2010

Letter bin


I found this letter holder at a second hand store last week. I think I paid $2.00 for it.  I have needed something like this to hang in my garage to be used for outgoing mail, DVD rentals from Netflix to be sent back, and other odds and ends.  There are so many ways to update this look, but I wanted to use some of my decorative scrapbook paper that I've had lying around. This project took me an hour from start to finish and I think it will be a pretty and practical way to organize my mail. You can tell that my cat Esker sees the vision too!











This is the final product.  I would've liked to have had all three bins with the light colored paper, but I didn't have enough, so I improvised with a complimentary color.  My parents have one of these that's been hanging in their kitchen for 30 years.  I'm going to see if Mom will let me freshen hers up with a different kind of design.  I'll post pics of that one when I'm done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment