Thursday, January 31, 2013

I'm dreaming of a white kitchen...

Blue-gray hue of countertops withstands stains, spills, and scratches
Now that I've talked hubby into replacing the door fronts of my kitchen cabinetry, I am thinking through what color I want to paint them.  I have a white speckled solid surface counter top that I have to work around and  I definitely like the idea of a soft taupe or light grey, but after drooling over these all white kitchens from "This Old House-My Home Ideas" site, I may decide on a soft white after all. I'll keep you posted. Ken is only half finished. 10 doors down, 6 drawers to go. Enjoy these pics and I hope something in them inspires you too!

This one below is similar to my cabinet layout. I have open shelves, but they're not boxed in. I would love to swap out my beadboard backsplash for this traditional white subway tile, but baby steps here....He already gave an inch and I took more than my usual mile. :)
A ceramic subway-tile backsplash, sleek marble countertops, crisp white open shelving on top, and Shaker-style cabinets on bottom create a monochromatic look in this small-space kitchen in Hot Springs, Ark.

Look how the cabinetry is a subtle cream next to the whiter wall. Pendant lights are amazing too!
Sand-colored cabinetry, marble countertops, and backsplash create an off-white backdrop for bowls, trays, and dishware. Nautical-style lighting above the kitchen island carries the coastal-inspired feel of the rest of the house into the kitchen.
Very fun chandeliers over the island &
I love big knobs and I cannot lie.
Creamy White Kitchen
Look at the hardware on the cabinetry! Huge statement maker!

Large, upholstered kitchen stools are comfortable and look invisible next to the island.
This is my fave-below!  LARGE subway tile and eat-in kitchen. Yummy!
Kitchen table with slipcovered chairs
This kitchen I spotted in my old Cottage Living magazine several years ago. I still love everything about it.
a kitchen with white cabinets and a red floor
I love the rustic accents in this otherwise simple set up.
/cottage kitchen
Don't love the repurposed wood here but thought the linen (burlap?) slipcovered benches were to die for.
Salvaged Wood Kitchen
This shade below is the color I am leaning towards for my own kitchen cabinets. 
Time will tell.

Rustic Lake Cabin Kitchen
Simple and stylish.Love the texture of the lights and stools.

Refined and Rustic Kitchen
What new projects are you working on Chumps? Let me know if I can help. 
There's always Room for Change! 
:)
-C

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I like big knobs and I cannot lie." Love it!! Subtle

I still like my black cabinets that my husband built for our bathroom two years ago...but I don't know how much longer. I won't tell him of course, but just be sure what you like. White is timeless...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for any other informative site. Where else could I get that kind of info written in such a perfect method?
I have a challenge that I'm simply now working on, and I have been on the glance out for such information.
My homepage little

Post a Comment