Sunday, December 26, 2010

Must be a Sign..

How funky and fun are these stockings?  I scored these at a furniture store of all things.  They were clearanced out long before Christmas came and I snapped them up for next year for my girls.  Come to think of it, I packed them away a few weeks ago and I have no idea where I put them.  Oh boy.
Over the next few months I'll be scouring a variety of stores scoping out the Christmas mark downs for next year's tag sale.  Hoping to head to Shipshewaunee soon for their folk art Christmas Clearance gems.  I'll keep you posted on what I find. 
Below, you'll find one of the things that kept me busy leading up to Christmas this year...sign orders.
I love making custom signs, especially the ones that are given as surprise gifts to people.  I think it's so fun to personalize/customize a gift that's unique but neutral enough to hang anywhere.  The signs below were ordered for a group of doctors given as gifts at their annual office party.  The girl who had ordered them had seen one of these "Family" signs I had made at a friend's house this fall. 
I can't take credit for the design....another PB knock-off. 2008 fall catalog? :)
I snapped the pictures before I actually took them out to the garage to finish them.  This is how they looked before I removed all the stencil inserts, (look closely at the dates) and before I sanded the edges and distressed the lettering. 

This client picked up my business card from my booth at Not So Shabby and ordered four signs in all.  "Coffee", "Keeping Room," "Antiques" and "Primitives". 
Notice anything wrong with this picture?
The sweet lady who ordered it wasn't even going to tell me that I had spelled it wrong!  I had never done that before, and we both had a good laugh about it!  Or course, I made her a new one!  It's been a little crazy around here!

Kind of fun to play around with different font styles. These were custom Christmas orders as well.


This was a housewarming gift. Hindsight, I should've lowered the darker font, but I liked that the background was subtle. 

I just had to include this four generation family picture that we had taken yesterday.  We were all so blessed to have my 89 year old Grandma with us at my Mom's for Christmas.  My two girls are in back with me, and my sisters are in the front row with Mom, Grandma (Mom's mom) and my sister Lauri's two girls. 
I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas with your family and I wish you much love and peace  in the new year!


0 comments:

Post a Comment