Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Painting and more Painting!

 I loved the style of this dresser, (and the big wooden knobs) that I found at a thrift shop, but I wasn't crazy about the finish. I didn't take a picture of it for this shot, but it came with an attached mirror that would be perfect for my oldest daughter's bedroom makeover that she wants for her 12 birthday this year.

Here's how it turned out. I sanded, primed and painted it a creamy white. I tend to do a lot of my pieces a soft white so that I have the versitility of moving it from room to room. I used the same Benjamin Moore paint that I referred to earlier in black, but I must say, I wasn't as impressed with it in white.  It says it has a primer builit into it, but many of the pieces I painted, bled through. This one took 4 coats....aghhhh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment